Monday, April 7, 2014

Steve Said It Best...

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Great words taken from a commencement address delivered by Steve Jobs, to the 2005 graduating class at Stanford University. 

These words certainly resonate with me. At racing age 33, it's almost an unimaginable opportunity I have to race with and learn from the top women cyclists in the NCC that make up Team Colavita/Fine Cooking. I haven't posted any race reports from Delray, Tampa or Sunny King intentionally. I have much more to learn and look forward to contributing more to the team's efforts during future races. 


Today we packed up the team trailer, piled into the van and are heading 220 miles north from Athens, GA to the Blue Ridge Parkway. This will be our official team training camp as well as our home base for the next USA Crit Series race in Charlotte, NC, followed by Winston-Salem Cycling Classic, then Joe Martin Stage Race in Fayetteville, AR. Although I'm missing a handful of people back in South Florida, I'm not missing training on the A1A! Between the mountains, my teammates and the great Jame Carney I'm looking forward to making the most of this time and getting into the best form I can during the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!